BBA Approved Flexible Weather Sealing Foam Tape
What is EXP 6 Expanding Foam Tape?
EXP 6 is a pre-compressed self-expanding PUR foam sealing tape impregnated with a fire resistant polymeric dispersion. Unlike regular expanding foam in a can, EXP 6 Expanding Tape does not harden or crack. It remains permanently elastic, expanding and contracting as joints move, thus creating a flexible weather seal. EXP 6 is available in black (anthracite) or light grey and is supplied with self-adhesive strip on one side. Once unwound from the roll it will expand without any further assistance.
Where is EXP 6 Expanding Tape used?
EXP 6 is a versatile tape that has a wide range of uses, it is most commonly used for sealing construction joints (including moving joints) in areas such as; prefabricated concrete and other material, elements (including civil engineering), perimeter seals for fenestration (windows/doors), skylights, cladding panels and curtain walling.
EXP 6 provides a 600 Pascal (equivalent to wind force 11 - Violent Storm) weather seal for external joints up to 42mm in building and facades up to 100 metres in height. The tape withstands the long term stresses caused by UV light and driving rain. It can also be used as an aesthetic, air, draught or dust seal for internal joints. The vapour permeable joint sealing tape also possesses outstanding thermal and acoustic characteristics, as well as allowing for diurnal movement.
Is Expanding Foam Tape waterproof?
EXP 6 provides a waterproof weather seal providing protection from general weather including wind driven rain. It is not recommended for sitting water, for sitting water applications we recommend 1000pa Single Sided Foam Tape
How long does EXP 6 Expanding Tape take to expand?
The tape will start to expand as soon as it is unwound from the roll (this releases the compression that is applied when it is manufactured). As a general rule, maximum expansion is usually achieved within 24 hours. The speed of the expansion is determined by the ambient temperature during application and the temperature of the tape itself when it is applied. The cooler the temperature, the slower the rate of expansion. If you are installing the tape in warm conditions you can keep the tape in a fridge prior to installing. Do not unwind the tape until you are ready to install as it will start to expand. Store in cool, dry conditions when not in use.
What are the advantages of using Expanding Tape?
- complies with the DIN 18542 BG 1 and DIN 18055
- Reliability through a wider joint application range
- Seals against wind, dust, driving rain
- Vapour diffusion permeable
- Good adhesive properties, to aid application
- Permanently elastic with long term life expectancy
- Thermal and acoustic insulation
- Can be painted over with standard emulsion paints
- Compatible with all known standard building materials
- Applications in all construction areas and building types are possible
- CE-certified (ETA-07/0072)
- Constant quality to DIN EN ISO 9001 & DIN standards, with regular controls from independent institutions
- Externally supervised for driving rain and air permeability (a-value)
- 10 year performance guarantee*